June 30, 2011

Amen.


At lunch today, I had forgotten to ask the girls to say a prayer before we started eating. Half way through a bite, Reese raised her hands up to me and said, 'Amen!' {I translated this into: 'Hold my hand, Mom, we forgot to say our prayers.'} Since Daly was already in bed for a nap, I asked Reese to pray.

When Daly says prayers before our meals and bedtime, she generally uses the same format, and adds and edits some 'thankfuls' every now and then. 'Dear Jesus, thank you for Daddy, thank you for Mommy, thank you for Reesie, thank you for Daly, thank you for our house, thank you for our family, thank you for our friends. Amen!'

So Reese started praying. 'Tayn too Mama {Thank you for Mom}, tayn too Dad, tayn too Dayday {Daly}, tayn too hooowse, tayn too fammeee {family}, tayn too...ummmm...' She started looking around for things to be thankful for. 'Tayn too noo-noos' {we were having noodles and broccoli for lunch...of course she wasn't thankful for the broccoli.} 'Tayn too juuuuuice. Amen!' I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. These girls get cooler and cooler every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment