August 20, 2011

Our little singers

Daly and Reese love to sing. Sometimes we sing songs together, sometimes they make up their own wild and crazy lyrics and tunes. A couple from our current playlist are 'Where is Thumbkin', 'Twinkle Twinkle', 'Itsy Bitsy Spider', and 'Happy Birthday'. {I've tried to get these captured on video, but they seem to prefer live performances...no video cameras allowed.}

We love hearing them sing the classics, but my favorite is when they get the songs mixed up. Last week, Daly was sitting on our bed and grabbed my Bible off the night stand. She said, 'This is the story of Jesus loves me,' then started singing:

Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me.
Here I am. Here I am.
How are you today sir?
Very well, I thank you.
Run away. Run away.

Yesterday afternoon, Ryan and Daly fell asleep on the couch. Reese and I were sitting on the other couch and she turned to me singing:

Daddy shweeping,
Day-day shweeping,
Wasshhhhh the shpidah out!

Since I can't yet attach videos of our little NZ Idols, here are some pictures of Ryan and the girls making pizza for dinner. They loved watching Daddy throw the dough in the air...and then trying to do it themselves.

I love that the girls' mini rolling pin is next to the big one.


No comments:

Post a Comment